AREA adheres to and abides by the Principles set out in the Canadian Real Estate Association Privacy Code. Those Principles have been incorporated into this Policy, which is intended to outline AREA’s practices with regard to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
For the purpose of this Policy:
“Personal Information” means any information about an identifiable individual. This includes your name, mailing and emailing address and phone number.
“Member” includes licensed brokers and real estate associates belonging to member Boards and individuals belonging either directly to AREA or to Councils of AREA.
Collection of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information
While AREA does not share or sell any Personal Information to third parties without consent, AREA uses certain Personal Information of Members for the purposes of communicating with and providing service to members.
Use and Disclosure without Consent
In certain circumstances, AREA may be permitted or required by law to disclose Personal Information without consent, including:
• Where the information was public
• Where required by law
• Where it is necessary to protect the rights of an identifiable person or group
• Other circumstances recognized by the privacy legislation as permitting disclosure without consent.
Protecting Personal Information
AREA takes reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from authorized access or disclosure, including physical, organizational, and technological measures.
While AREA takes reasonable precautions, we cannot guarantee at all times the security of the information, as no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure, particularly with regard to Internet applications.
• Site Activity Data –the user’s IP Address, entered user name, date time, and files accessed are collected via web server for the purpose of site performance and administration, and security reviews.
• Cookies – (small pieces of text stored on the user’s computer by the web browser containing personal settings) are used only to maintain the user’s session with the AREA website.
At no time will this data be shared with or sold to any third party.
This Policy may be revised by AREA from time to time. This Policy and any amendments will be posted on www.areahub.ca.
Questions or Concerns
Questions or concerns relating to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information by AREA may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.