Property and Education Taxes

Property taxes are paid to the municipality by all property owners, including condominium owners.  A condominium unit and the share of the common property associated with it are considered to be a parcel of land for the purpose of assessing municipal property taxes.  Education taxes are included in the property tax amount and are collected by the municipality and paid to the province.  Any improvements to the unit or to the common property affect the amount of tax assessed.
Contact Us
Alberta Real Estate Association 
WestMount Corporate Campus
300, 4954 Richard Road SW
Calgary, AB  T3E 6L1

Office Hours
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (MST)

Toll Free:    1-800-661-0231 
In Calgary: 
(messages can be left after hours and will be returned the following business day) 
Fax:             1-403-228-4360
E-mail: (general inquiries) (government relations/advocacy inquiries) (professional development inquiries) (forms content inquiries)